Life of Newlyweds

Friday, September 3, 2010

Kara's Birthday

August is over. Where has the summer gone? Four days after Spencer's birthday was my birthday. We both had to work during the day. Spencer did give me breakfast in bed. I woke up to him coming in with my tray of breakfast while singing "Happy Birthday". He made me Crepes, my favorite breakfast food. He made me two, one with syrup and powdered sugar and one with strawberries and cool whip. He even put them on 2 seperate plates so the different ones didn't touch each other:). Peaches were also cut up for me. After I finished I walked out to the living room and dining room full of ballons with confetti all over the floor and a 'Happy Birthday' banner in the dining room. I only wanted to open 1 gift in the morning. I opened the movie "The Blind Side" and a new limegreen spoonrest (mine had burnt on the sides). I had a good day at work and even got flowers in a coffee mug, with a balloon delievered to me from my parents:). Spencer also came in when he got off work and brought me a birthday balloon. After I got off work (which I did get to leave alittle bit earlier than I was scheduled) we headed to Macaroni Grill for supper. It was both of our first times there. I got shrimp alfredo and Spencer got pepperoni pizza. Both were very good! For dessert we walked across the street and picked up cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. We took it home and saved it for alittle later. When we got home I opened the rest of my gifts. First I opened from my parents and I got lots of goodies. I got a new purse, shoes, dresses, bed bath and beyond giftcard, wallett, a mom/daughter locket, a pesonalized necklace  and I can't even think what else. Oh I did get my espresso machine earlier when Mom, Dad and Tan were here...that way mom and I could have our coffee:) My big gifts from Spencer was the rest of my lime green kitchen aid (all the Bed Bath and Beyond giftcards we had gotten from our wedding went towards the kitchen aid as well). I also got my printer! I really wanted a printer so I could print all my coupons. I got things for the printer, lotion and lime green kitchen utensils. I was so glad when Spencer got my printer hooked up! I've been printing alot of coupons and loving it! It's becoming my new hobby:) Spencer and I both have been working alot and getting good hours!
I know there's been all the talk about hurricanes and us getting hit or getting weather from it. It really hasn't been that bad. This morning it was raining and alittle windy, but as the day went on it sprinkled off and on. A couple days ago we went to Wal-Mart to get some food and supplies and Wal-Mart was PACKED! All the water and bread were to a minimum! The aisles were almost empty and the employers were bringing pallets of bottled water out to the middle aisles. The checkout lines were crazy long! Waiting was probably over half an hour long! I finally noticed there was a lady checking out in the customer service area so I went and asked if she was ringing people out. The cashier said she was as long as there was no produce or anything that needed weighed. So I put back our peaches and bananas and we went to checkout at the customer service checkout...that was alot quicker!
I finally have a day off tomorrow so I'm not sure what I'll do because Spencer has to work. Sunday we are going to try out a different church. We didn't like the church we tried out last week. Did not feel welcomed at all! Please pray we find the right church for US and sooner rather than later. It is much appreciated! Love to all!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you birthday was so nice ☺ I'll be praying about a church home for you. Hopefully you can bless a new church like you did ours.
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if you'll get this comment since it's on an old post, but I just wanted to say thanks so much for the Nashville travel tips! That was super helpful and really nice! It sounds like so much fun and I am looking forward to it! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a good birthday! Lime Green is such a fun color, I love it! Thanks for following us over at welovebeingmoms.blogspot.com!
    ~Holly

    ReplyDelete