Life of Newlyweds

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Happy Birthday to Spencer!

Spencer had a great first day of work on Wednesday! He has really seemed to liked it and is getting lots of hours! While Spencer worked on Wednesday I went and did some last minute grocery shopping for Spencer's birthday supper and had to pick up a few gifts (like 35 lb. dumbells that had to wait till as late as possible because I didn't know how I'd get them in the house or how I'd wrap and disguise them.) I also started on his cake. That night I surprised him with mini homemade pizzas that were delicious! Yesterday was Spencer's 21st birthday. When it comes to birthdays and Christmas he is just like alittle kid! Thursday night he didn't sleep well because Friday was his birthday. He woke me up at 7am asking if we could get up and do gifts and breakfast already. I fell back asleep and got up around 8. I made him sausage gravy and biscuts, bacon and an egg. He wasn't even half way finished when he wanted to come out and open up presents. So we got up and he opened all his gifts from my parents and then one from me. We both had to work from 10-5. I actually got a girl from work to switch shifts with me because I was actually scheduled 11-7. So I was thankful she was ok with switching.
Work went by quick yesterday. We were fairly busy but did have a few slow spots which was nice. Thankfully I don't think I had one screamer. I had alot of very good kids that would sit still and just talk to me or watch the movie. I'm talking like 2 year olds!! I was cutting this boys hair and his sister was going to get her hair cut too and when we first started she asked her mom 'why does she have purple eyes?' I said 'oh that's my eyeshadow:) ' I was still cutting her brother's hair and she was called but she didn't want to go with the other girl. Her mom said she wanted me to cut her hair because she liked my purple eyeshadow:)
Once Spencer and I both got off work we headed home and I started supper. We had new york strip steak with homeade mashed potatoes, gravy and corn on the cob. After supper he opened all his gifts from me. We went out to Wal*Mart so he could spend one of his giftcards, but he didn't find what he was looking for. So we went to Blockbuster and he got 3 new release movies that had been preview all for $20. Then we came home and had cake, started a game of diamond scrabble(which we didn't finish because we were really tired) and we got to skype with my parents, which was really nice.
This morning Spencer had to be at work at 8:30, so I dropped him off and came back and went to bed. I go into work at 12:30 to help with a birthday party and a spa party. I'm really excited to do those and learn how to do them. I think it will be lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment