Life of Newlyweds

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Time for a Blog...

Ok lets see, I know I haven't written a blog the past few days so I'll try to inform you all what's been going on. I've been getting good hours at work. I really love where I work! Even with screaming kids occasionally and hovering mothers ;) My days usually go by fast which is always a plus. I've had the past couple Saturdays off, which has been really nice. This Saturday I'm going in to learn how to do the birthday parties. We have a room in the back where we do different kinds of birthday parties for kids so I'm going to learn how all that goes. Then I'm learning how the 'Spa Parties' work. We have a Spa Party after the birthday party. A spa party is where there are fewer girls and you paint their finger nails and toe nails, and do their hair in a up-do. I've had a couple little girls already come in just to get their fingers painted while their brothers get their hair cut. They always pick 5 different BRIGHT colors to paint on each nail:)
This past Sunday we tried out a new church. It's called Gateway Freewill Baptist Church. The Pastor wasn't there but we met a lot of friendly people. We went back for the evening service which was then followed by an ice cream social. We weren't planning on staying for that but after the service more people came up to us and asked us to go. So we went and had great conversation and were introduced to even more people. I just hope I can remember peoples names because I'm usually good remembering names but we met a whole lot of new people. I feel bad because everyone remembers ours and we can't remember everyones, that will come with time. We are planning on going next Sunday to sunday school. They have a   young married sunday school class and that is something that's important to us. We're hoping to meet more young married couples. Then we'll also be able to meet the Pastor and hear his preaching. There is another church we've read about to that we might check out the following week.
Spencer got hired and Moe's Southwest Grill (praise The Lord!) and he starts tomorrow! It is a huge blessing because it is located in the shopping center across the street from mine. So having one car is more manageable. He did get offered hours at Pennys but because he wasn't formerly employed for a whole year he wouldn't get all the benefits. He would have to start all over, then with the little drive it is just makes everything harder with one car. I do have tomorrow off so I'll be picking up around our place and finishing last minute errands for Spencer's birthday, which is Friday. He has requested steak, mashed potatoes and corn on the cob. For dessert he wants chocolate cake with cream cheese icing. So we will see how it all pans out.
Thank you for all your prayers and support! It's greatly appreciated!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you are loving your job!! I can just see you painting the little girl's nails! How fun! :) Praying for you guys as you look for a church...and also for Spencer as he starts his job tomorrow! Love you! Mom XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you went to a church that the people were so kind to you. It is a great feeling when that happens. I know that feeling of walking in and feeling welcome. Your job sounds perfect for you. It doesn't surprise me that you are working with children. I have seen that gift in you ever since I have known you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete